Sure, I’m like every other dog owner who loves her dog. I love my dog. A lot. Like, on the for reals, she is my best friend. I don’t know what I would do without her. I’ve had my dog a little over two years now, and Audrey Hepburn Buckley has taught me a lot. She’s been there for me through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Even though I trained HER, she’s probably trained me more.
So, here are just a few things my Audrey girl (aka: Auds, Woogs, Skizzles, Skizzy, Boo boo, or Booger) has taught me:
- It’s never too early or too late to play
- Dessert (treats) are welcomed and encouraged at any time
- A long nap after a long run is key
- Looking cute will get you everywhere
- Showing the people you love that you love them never gets old
- In addition to #5, you can never love the people you love too much
- Snuggling makes everything better
- Who doesn’t love a good back rub?
- Stop pretending to be something you’re not
- It pays to be a good listener
- It’s okay to be picky about where you poop
- It’s okay to get your paws wet and dirty every once in a while, but at least be a lady about it
- Jump at the chance to make a new friend (sometimes literally, jump)
- Defend what’s important to you (for Audrey, that’s her bone and her crate, and well, her mommy)
- Take joy in the relaxation of a long car ride
- Get good at sniffing out the bad apples
- AND always be loyal to those who deserve it
What has your dog / cat/ ferret / best friend taught YOU?