You guys, per usual, I’m not gonna lie: I’ve had this outfit forever and I love it. However, every time I wear it I sometimes think I look like either:
A) a Catholic school girl in a school uniform of some kind (i.e. Mary Catherine Gallagher?),
B) a little kid,
C) I have no idea.
Yet, I still lurve this outfit. I mean, I know it’s not “conventionally” fashionable – but what does that really mean? Or is it? I don’t know. Still trying to figure all this out.
What do you think? Would you wear it? Do you like it?
[still awkward at the self portraits. i apologize, but i don't think i'm ever going to feel not awkward taking these]
Outfit Deets: White shirt: Theory (super old) | Green Vest: JCrew (super old) | Skirt: Lilly Pulitzer (super old) | Shoes: Kazuri Sandals (got ‘em in Kenya during my mission trip) | Bracelet: JCrew Warehouse Sale | Necklace: No idea.
BTW: I define “super old” as over 5 years old… yeah, I don’t shop much anymore haha. Huzzah for things that stay in fashion!
Also, I was, like, super honored when Bonnie of Mini Me Style gave me a “Versatile Blogger” award yesterday. I mean, I love her blog and when she commented and told me she’d named me one I was like WHAT?
Bonnie is a petite (5′ tall), PhD student (way smarter than me), lady blogger who mainly blogs about fashion for petite people (and just awesome people in general). I love her cause she has AWESOME style but is clearly super down to earth. I love this girl! So, thank you SO much, Bonnie!
I mean, I guess you could say I’m a versatile blogger in that I’ll blog about anything that’s on my mind. There’s been a lot of fashion posts lately, but I’ll blog about my wedding, food, crafts, bits, loving the Lord, and whatnot all the time. So I guess you could call that versatile! WOOP!
- I played golf since I was two years old. I played on the varsity team (a team of all boys) in high school (was co-captain my senior year), and then coached a high school team for two years. I don’t play competitively anymore, but sometimes I wish I’d had.
- I taught high school English for two years after college. I loved that job. Sometimes I really miss teaching.
- I’m left-handed. South paws, FTW!
- I took French for nine years growing up (my elementary school had a French immersion program where I spent half my day in French class and half my day in English) – but I can barely speak a sentence now.
- When I was growing up, my family went camping a lot. We had a CB radio in our old 80s motor home – my CB radio handle was “Little Pony” – yeah, not creepy at all being 8 years old and talking to truck drivers with a handle like “Little Pony.”
- I won’t hang my legs or arms off the bed when I’m sleeping because I’m convinced a monster / predator / thief / bad person is going to grab it in the middle of the night and eat me alive.
- There was a restaurant next to my house in my hometown growing up that I LOVED. It was called The Tortilla Factory. I once ate there 76 days in a row in high school. Not ashamed. I miss that place more than I can say.
And here are 15 bloggers who are SUPER versatile. They’re fabulous. They’re photographers, writers, fashionistas, wedding people, pure awesomeness, and people that just plain crack me up.
- Katie at Katie Nesbitt Photography
- Chelsea at Classy, Chic, and Chardonnay
- Clare at Clarabelle
- Johnna at Artketing
- Lilly at Lilly’s Style
- Ms. Mia Maree
- Gwen at Vintage Gwen
- Lindsay at Southern Lovely
- The Dapper Bun
- Simply Sarah
- Serious Southern Shopaholic
- Quintessential Feline
- Magnolia Grace Style
- Smart Savvy Style
- Elizabeth Anne Designs
- Heart Love Weddings
Make sure to pay these FABULOUS people a visit! I love their stuff and I think, well, you should too!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11