You guys, I am gonna be real with you for a second. I have a lot of fun with the creativity associated with putting together an “outfit” or whatever you wanna call it. But I do NOT love taking pictures of myself and I do not love when I awkwardly think my neighbors think I’m nuts for taking these photos in our driveway.
No matter how many ways from Sunday I try to play it off, it just looks weird.
So, can we all just own it?
I now have started waving to my neighbors as I take my photos. At least that way they think I’m a friendly and neighborly nutcase.
Moving on to the TREND OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE. I love Marion over at Marionberry Style. She’s pretty darn awesome. She’s hilarious, she is a teacher, and she’s got way better style than me. Also, her teaching stories are so funny.
Well, each month Marion hosts a “Trend of the Month Challenge” – where you get a, well, trend, for that month, to create an outfit or look with, and then you link up on her blog.
Anyway, this month’s trend is YELLOW. You know, simple as that. The color YELLOW.
SO, I put together a little diddy yesterday with some YELLOW in it.
the look you see before you below is my, “Oh what’s that over there?” pose. again, avoiding the looks from neighbors. BAHAHA.
standard thumbs up for yellow trends.
- Sleeveless Ruffle Shirt: JCrew Factory (circa Summer 2008, similar here)
- Yellow Cardigan: JCrew warehouse sale ($10!) Fall 2011 in Chapel Hill (similar here, last seen worn here)
- Shorts: JCrew Factory ($12!) Spring 2012 (similar here)
- Gold Strappy Wedges: Nordstrom BP Fall 2009, I think. (similar here, last seen worn here)
- Gold Belt: Dillard’s, old. (Similar here)
- Yellow Earrings and Necklace: Kazuri Beads (Kenya)
SO, are you a fan of yellow? What are you doing on this fine Wednesday?
oxox, all for now!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11