You guys, I love social media. I posted this picture on Instagram last week and said “VEST OR NO VEST”? Sometimes I am super indecisive when I get dressed and sometimes something as simple as adding or removing a VEST can make or break an outfit.
I would be lying to you if I said I wore this outfit this week. It is TOO DANG HOT to be wearing something like this right now… BUT, I did wear this LAST week when it was a little cooler.
Some days I just don’t want to get “fancy” or “trendy” when I get dressed. I want to wear my favorite jeans, my favorite red Sauconys, and an old t-shirt. And then I might want to fancy it up with a vest.
But seriously. These jeans? Thems real old these jeans. I wanted these Dojo Seven Jeans forever when I was in high school. But I didn’t exactly have $180 to spend on jeans. So I stalked eBay and bought these puppies for $12 in 2002.
Since then, I have patched them not once, not thrice, not four times… but SIX times. I have patched these jeans SIX times.
Okay, I lied, I didn’t tell her to keep quiet, I just told her to patch them. They’re my favorite jeans ever and I refuse to get rid of them.
And these red tennis shoes? They’re 10+ year old Sauconys and I love them. I know tennis shoes aren’t “trendy” but guess what? I could care less. I LOVE THEM. They’re so comfortable. And BRIGHT RED. I mean, how fun are they? Sometimes a girl just wants to wear her favorite jeans, her favorite tennies, and a t-shirt.
- Jeans: Seven for All Mankind, Dojo, via eBay
- Shirt: Target (really old)
- Vest:Express (really old)
- Necklace: Gift from my mother-in-law
- Shoes: Old red classic Sauconys
So, would you have gone VEST or NO VEST? Do you have a go-to-outfit that you wear when you just wanna rock old favorites?
Now on to the Weekly Round Up (in case you missed a post this week):
- saturday: casual saturday fashion
- sunday: chazown: vision
- monday: #YOLOMONDAYS, new blog design, and neon shorts
- tuesday: giveaway – MLB wine glass from taylor brigham designs
- wednesday: colorful blazers – trend of the month challenge
- thursday: buy my klothes! we’re going back to kenya
- friday: friday high fives
- friday: 52 in 52 – saxapahaw general store
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11