I LOVE the peplum trend, but I hate the word peplum. Am I the only one? Is that weird? I really hate the word peplum. OH and I also hate the word romper. I know, both totally irrational words to hate… but I do. Okay, maybe hate is a strong word… STRONGLY dislike the words peplum and romper.
Anyway. Despite my weird dislike for the word, I LOVE the actual style of the peplum. It’s a gorgeous silhouette and looks so fun, feminine, flirty, and classic. Like, a pretty peplum top, dress, skirt… so classic. So Jackie O. I love it.
Well, when I saw this awesome peplum top in the Penelope Lane Clothing shop, I knew I needed to snatch it up!
Holly, the owner of Penelope Lane Clothing, is seriously awesome. When she approached me about being an affiliate for her shop and *dun dun dun* hosting a GIVEAWAY (below!) I jumped at the chance.
Not only are the clothes and accessories in her shop ADORABLE, she’s a small business owner. She’s a mom who stepped out on her own to start her own clothing business to support herself, her family, and of course, her love of fashion. I think that is AWESOME. Seriously. I would support a small business over a HUGE chain any day!
But in all seriousness, Holly is fabulous and you HAVE to check out her stuff. She has some of the most adorable dresses and tops. And they’re all REALLY reasonably priced.
This EXACT same peplum top that I’m wearing sells for $40 on ModCloth (where it’s also sold out…). BUT, good news is it’s $27 in the Penelope Lane Clothing shop!! (and she has awesome deals and coupon codes all the time!)
Well, today, I have the pleasure of giving away at $20 credit to Penelope Lane Clothing! Keep in mind that many of the items in her shop start at $11! WOOP!
Just use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter!
- The stripes are black and taupe (which I actually like better than just black and white)- the picture can be a little deceiving and it can look black and white… but it’s more of a taupe
- The top comes with a black belt - I like the top with the black belt it comes with, but I had fun pairing mine with a neon pink belt
- The top does run a little small. I am wearing a size Large… I am usually a size medium in tops (I run anywhere from a size 8-12 depending on the brand…) BUT it was more a LITTLE small for me in the arms and in the length – there is still room in the chest area. *le sigh* So, if you have a larger chest, don’t feel nervous about it – there’s still plenty o’ room.
- I have an unusually long torso, so I have to wear a tank underneath, but it doesn’t bother me at all. I actually like it
- Be prepared to get a TON of compliments. So I actually wore this to church last weekend when I was leading worship… and I easily had 10-15 people come up to me and say how much they loved the top and asked me where I got it from.
So, yeah… enter the giveaway… check out Holly’s shop… and in the meantime, here are a couple pieces from her shop that I absolutely LOVE:
- At the Cafe Top – $26.99 (the peplum top I’m wearing in this post!)
- Looking Cute in Colorblock Top – $28.99
- In the Navy Dress – $19.99 (such a cute striped dress!)
- The Tuxedo Tail Tank – $10.99 (so. cute and summery!)
The giveaway will end next Monday at 12:01AM EST and will be announced shortly thereafter! Also, if you use the code “MOLLY25″ you get $25 off any order over $100 – AND any order over $75, you get an automatic credit of $10 towards your next purchase. WOOP WOOP! Good luck, y’all!
The Rules for #YOLOMONDAYS Link-Ups:
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST so your readers know what all the #YOLOMONDAY-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link!
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #YOLOMONDAYS!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #YOLOMONDAYS comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lure!
- Have fun! Cause #YOLO!
Linking up with the fabulous Sarah!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11