You guys, when I saw Blair of Atlantic-Pacific rock that fabulous Zoe Karssen Creme de la Creme sweatshirt, I LURVED it. But then I saw the price tag. $160.
That’s $160 American dollars. For a sweatshirt. Now, a fun and pretty fab sweatshirt, but I’m sorry, this guy isn’t gonna shell out $160 for a sweatshirt. I mean, if I’m gonna spend $160 on a sweatshirt, I would hope that it would give me a massage or something while I wear it. I dunno. I mean, I’m just saying.
But THEN, when I saw this fab DIY that Rachael of Shore Society did, I KNEW I needed to try it.
So yeah, I DIYed my own Zoe Karssen Creme de la Creme sweatshirt. For a total for $13.27. BOOM.
Here’s what you need:
- Gray popover sweatshirt of choice
- Transfermations iron-on letters (Purchased at Michael’s, not available online)
- Michael’s iPhone app or Android app for coupons (or print out coupons online)
Step one: Get a sweatshirt
Now, I am NOT ashamed to say I found my sweatshirt in the boys section at Wal-mart for… yeah, you can see it… $1! ONE DOLLHAIR.
I was only able to find the similar Zoe Karssen letters at Michael’s. They don’t sell them online. They are the felt iron-on letters. Now, the packs of letters usually run for $9.99 each, but they were on sale, and then with the Michael’s coupons via their app (link above) I was able to get THREE packs of letters for $12.27!
Annoying thing is since you need 5 E’s, you have to get three packs. UGH. Bummer.
Now, I had to iron for a LONG TIME for them to stick. I kept having to make the iron hotter for them to stick. But I just might be iron-challenged.
Once you’re done ironing, let it cool for a WHILE… like a few hours or something before you take the backing off. I went and had dinner and came back and it was ready.
Yeah, so I know that I’m no Blair, but hey, I love the way I turned out! Eh?
[Outfit Deets: Sweatshirt: DIY | Oxford Shirt: Ralph Lauren Outlet | Jeans: Seven for All Mankind Roxanne | Booties: Target (old) | Watch: Target | Sunnies: Target | Headband: Target | Earrings: c/o Anjolee]
So what do you think? Would you spend the $160 on the real thing or try a little DIY action?
Happy Monday, y’all!
It’s NOW time for the #YOLOmondays LINK-UP with my awesome co-host Carly from Lipgloss & Crayons! This is such a great way to get to know other bloggers!
The Rules for #YOLOMONDAYS Link-Ups:
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #YOLOMONDAY-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #YOLOMONDAYS!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #YOLOMONDAYS comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause #YOLO!
“19 So then you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with the saints, and members of God’s household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone. 21 The whole building, being put together by Him, grows into a holy sanctuary in the Lord. 22 You also are being built together for God’s dwelling in the Spirit.” -Ephesians 2:19-22