In case you were wondering what the heck “Kuondoka” means, it means LEAVING in Swahili.
If you’ve been reading the blog for a while, you know about this trip. If you haven’t, no worries.
Here’s the quick and dirty 411: my husband and I, along with 8 other team members from our church, are headed to Kenya for 10 days to serve in a village that we’ve adopted called Kiria. I went last year, had my life changed, came home, wouldn’t stop talking about it, decided to go back… and my husband is coming along!
For those of you that are wondering:
-YES, I will be blogging from Kenya! So you won’t miss a thing. I’ll be posting daily (Lord willing and spotty Kenyan wi-fi (pronounced wee-fee by the Kenyans) permitting). I’ll be sharing TONS of photos, our experiences, what we are up to, and all that jazz along the way.
Oh, and let’s hope Nyawira doesn’t lose an eye this year, mmkay?
-Standard outfit posts and general goofiness will obviously return when I get home. Although I can promise you’ll see what I’m wearing in country. You know, if you’re curious. Also, no matter the subject, you know I can’t be 100% serious the whole time.
-And, as always, your prayers (or, if you’re not the praying type, your positive thoughts) for our team are always welcomed and really appreciated.
If you would like, you can check out our TEAM blog by clicking here. That blog will also have general team updates!
In case you’re curious, my personal prayer (or positive thought) requests are:
- That my husband and I will humbly serve our team members.
- That I will be able to humbly serve the people of Kiria, Kenya.
- That when faced with challenges, I will be able to earnestly seek God’s guidance to make the right decision.
- That our team won’t suffer any sickness or health related issues. (this is a big one...)
- Safety. Safety. Safety.
- That my personal faith and walk with Christ will continue to be matured and strengthened through this mission trip.
- That my husband and I will be able to continue to grow and strengthen our marriage through our experience.
Thank you guys for all the support, encouragement, and LOVE throughout this process. You have no idea how much it means to us.
Anywho. We’re getting on a plane today… that we will be on for the next 24 hours. Yikes. So much flying.
ps: My apologies in advance for the delay in responding to comments AND my inability to comment on a lot of my fave blogs over the next 10 days. Y’all know I still love you.
“And if you search for Him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.” -Deuteronomy 4:29b NLT