A few weeks ago, I asked your opinion on used SUVs. Husband and I have been on the hunt for months for a new car for me, but hadn’t actually stepped foot on a car lot. We had done a bunch of research online and gotten an idea of what we were looking for.
Well, this weekend we finally went looking and ended up snagging a GREAT deal!
We were looking for a:
- USED SUV
- That was safe, roomy, and practical
- That was in our budget of $14,000 (we saved for months and wanted to pay cash)
- That had an Auxiliary Audio Jack and a sunroof (well, those were my stipulations)
And we came across a great deal! Long story, short, I finally said goodbye to my sweet Lucy the VW Rabbit this weekend:
Lucy and I had been through a lot together! I graduated college with her, moved to North Carolina with her, got married with her… it was bittersweet. But the truth is, she wasn’t practical anymore. A baby and dogs would never fit in Lucy.
But alas, we found a GREAT deal on a 2008 Honda CR-V – and best part about it? It’s Carolina blue! AND it has a sunroof. AND an auxiliary jack! AND we own it! Hooray! Win. Win. Win! So, we traded in my old VW and drove off the lot with a CR-V.
Me with my new mom car:
And of course, I HAD to throw my newhope magnet on the back right away!
So yeah, that was our exciting news from the weekend. What about you? Anything exciting you did this weekend? I’d love to hear about it!
And, of course, happy YOLO Monday! As we mentioned last week, Carly & I will be selecting a few of our favorite posts from the Monday before to feature. It’s a great way to put the spotlight on a few of y’all each week! Please be sure to link up an ACTUAL post, not just a link to your main page.
Our favorites from last week?
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] and Carly at Lipgloss & Crayons
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #YOLOMONDAY-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #YOLOMONDAYS!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #YOLOMONDAYS comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause #YOLO!
“12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 3:12-14