So, I know I wore this dress on the blog a few weeks ago, but I really love it AND it’s the fanciest dress I own that’s not my wedding dress. Ergo, it was perfect for today’s Blogger’s Ball link-up! I used to have so many fun fancy dresses collected over the years between homecomings, prom, and sorority formals – but sadly those days are long gone and I no longer own those dresses.
I wish I had an excuse to get all gussied up more often, though. I love rocking a poofy, fancy dress. Doesn’t every girl?
Anywho. I’m thinking back on the past year as we move into 2013…
1. What was your best part of 2012?
Without a doubt, my wedding day. I know, I know, cliche. But hey, it’s true. It was one of the most important days of my life and I’ll never forget it.
2. What was your favorite book / movie / song of 2012?
Book: I love to read and I read SO many great books this year it’s hard to pick just one. I’d definitely recommend “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?” by Mindy Kaling for just a light, funny read. For a read that will totally rock your prayer life, or if you feel you need a recharge in your prayer life, I’d HIGHLY recommend “The Circle Maker” by Mark Batterson.
3. What was your biggest accomplishment of 2012?
Without a doubt, becoming debt free. Best feeling in the world. It took almost four years, but I did it and I’ve never felt better!
4. What are you looking forward to most in 2013?
I have been feeling God move in my life so much these past few years and I have no doubts that He’s going to continue to do huge things this year. A couple other things up my sleeve that I can’t wait to talk about and share – but let me just say – I know that 2013 is going to be an amazing year.
5. What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
You know, to be honest, I’ve never been a big “New Year’s Resolution” person. Mainly because I’m of the belief that if you want to make a change in your life or improve something, then just do it. Don’t wait for a “date” to be your marker. Make TODAY or TOMORROW your marker. Start right away. Make that change. Take those necessary steps towards improving yourself or whathaveyou.
But, with all that being said, I have got a lot of ideas and things running around in my head that I’m just praying that I continue to focus on those dreams and keep working towards them. I’d love to look back a year from now and say, “Yeah, I did the best job that I could have done and I’m proud of what I accomplished.” Because more than anything, that means the most to me.
What about you? Favorite moments? Biggest accomplishments? New Year’s Resolutions?
Happy New Year, y’all! See you next year!
NOW it is time for the #YOLOmondays LINK-UP with my awesome co-host Carly from Lipgloss & Crayons! If this is your first time here, #YOLOmondays is a chance for us to link up anything we want (as long as it’s a blog post…). You know, cause it’s Monday, and what better way to jazz up your mundane Monday than to link up and meet some new bloggers?
- Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] and Carly at Lipgloss & Crayons!
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #YOLOMONDAY-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #YOLOMONDAYS!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #YOLOMONDAYS comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause #YOLO!