So, there’s some news to share with y’all… Watch the silly video I put together.
If you can’t see the video below, click here to view it on YouTube.
“I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.” -1 Samuel 1:27
So, this next image was our attempt at a FULL family photo… which ended up being a total failure. I love how Tater is totally the focal point of the image and you barely even notice Audrey is there. Hahaha it cracks me up. I just had to include it. So yep! You read / saw all that right. There’s a Baby Stillman on the way! AHHH. WHAT?!
Whoaly moly. It’s actually hard to believe that it’s real and that this is happening.
First, I have to say, that not a day goes by that we don’t praise God and thank Him for this gift. It wasn’t something I ever thought would be possible, honestly. I prayed and prayed and was so nervous that some of my previous health issues would prevent me from eventually having a child. But, God has blessed us so much and He has given us such a gift.
I have so many friends who are struggling with infertility or have had a miscarriage and I just want you to know that I pray for them every. single. day. and not ONCE do John and I take this for granted.
And while this first trimester has been pretty difficult, I’ve been crazy sick and crazy tired, it’s something that I am so thankful for every. single. day. Outfit photos have been TOUGH to get done because honestly, most of my clothes are already starting to not fit very well AND all I really want to wear is sweats.
But yeah, we are SO excited for this next chapter of our lives.
SO, a few FAQs that I’m assuming may come up:
- How far along are you? 12 weeks.
- Due date? August 7th.
- How long have you known? I found out at the beginning of December. Yeah, it’s been TOUGH keeping this secret.
- Are you going to find out the sex of the baby? Nope. We’re gonna let it be a surprise.
- Is this going to change your blog? Well, my blog is a reflection of my life, and my life is ’bout to change DRAMATICALLY, so yeah. It might a little. This is still going to be a fashion and lifestyle-focused blog, but I’m definitely going to share bits and pieces of the pregnancy and of course, life after having a baby. But don’t worry, I’m still going to be me. Crazy, weird, me.
- Are you going to do “maternity” fashion? Heck to the yes. I can’t WAIT. Well, I mean, I can. But you know what I mean. I think.
- Are you drinking Diet Coke? I know. I know. This one has been SO tough. I gave up Diet Coke, y’all. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS FOR ME? I allow myself a caffeine free DC every once in a while, but honestly, I don’t really want one because it’s just not the same. I know they say you can have like one 12oz. can of caffeine or something a day, but I can’t. It’s like a gateway drink. I’d have one DC and then have six more. So yeah, no DC. But burritos? I’m still eating those.
HUGE thank you to my sweet friends Dani and Keith for helping us with this little impromptu photo and video shoot. It was SO much fun. Y’all are the best.
NOW it is time for the #YOLOmondays LINK-UP with my awesome co-host Carly from Lipgloss & Crayons! If this is your first time here, #YOLOmondays is a chance for us to link up anything we want (as long as it’s a blog post…). You know, cause it’s Monday, and what better way to jazz up your mundane Monday than to link up and meet some new bloggers? Carly and I love seeing y’all linked up every week!
- The Rules for #YOLOMONDAYS Link-Ups: Follow your hosts Molly @ still being [molly] and Carly at Lipgloss & Crayons!
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #YOLOMONDAY-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #YOLOMONDAYS!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #YOLOMONDAYS comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause #YOLO!