I’m not uber superstitious. I don’t believe in the whole “walking under a ladder,” “breaking a mirror,” or “black cat” conspiracies. And no, if you step on a crack, you will not break your momma’s back. And no, nothing is going to happen to you on Friday the 13th… knock on wood.
However, there are a few things that DO, in fact, scare me (in no particular rank or order):
- Bees. I hate bees. I am terrified of bees. I know my improv group is called Made of BEES, but we are, contrary to popular belief, NOT actually made of bees.
- The Dark. There is a difference between sleeping in a dark room with a little light coming in and being in a cave hundreds of feet beneath the earth, and your headlamp dies, and you can’t see your hand in front of your face, and you hear bats flying above your head. Not okay. Yes, I went caving one time and my stupid AAA batteries in my headlamp died. Thankfully, my fellow cavers came to my rescue. But holy moly, it sure is dark beneath the earth.
- Not getting Chipotle when I need it. Terrifying. This is a terrifying thought. I’m shivering just thinking about it.
- Carlos Mencia. The fact that Mind of Mencia even exists is horrifying to me.
- Scary movies. Now, I do enjoy (within reason) the ever-occasional mind-thriller such as The Sixth Sense or old Hitchcock films. But I can’t handle, at all, those movies with excessively gorey plots and crazy cut-em-up, slice-em-up serial killers. Those movies mess with my head and then I end up staying awake for four days. It never ends well.
- Failure. This is probably my biggest fear. No explanation needed.
OOO, but I do like a good scary story. So, tell me a story. A scary story. Or a good Friday the 13th story. Or tell me what you’re scared of. Leave a comment. Make it good. Make it scary.
Oh, and this is my favorite “spooky” 30ROCK clip. Ever.