On to today’s post! Now, I love social media. I think, when used correctly and responsibly, social media can be such a blessing and a GREAT way to connect with people. Anywhere.
Well, last Friday night, husband and I were going out for a casual date night for my “official” birthday dinner, and I COULD NOT decide what to wear. I was stressing out. For real.
So I thought, “Man, I miss being in college and having girl roommates whom I could run in to their rooms and ask for opinions.”So, I thought, I’ll do the next best thing. I’ll ask my social media roommates.
Within MINUTES, between the three accounts, I had close to 40 responses from people.
“1!” “2!” “3!” – It was awesome!
My husband also happened to see the picture on twitter and asked if his vote counted. Of course. His vote was most important! Well, he happened to agree with the majority… and outfit #3 won!
So, here’s what I wore for casual date night:
- One-shoulder Blouse: Joy Joy (old, purchased at local boutique Scout & Molly’s, similar)
- Jeans: JCrew outlet (here, ON SALE!)
- Flats: Fab’rik Chapel Hill (similar)
- Bag: c/o Oasap
- Earrings: Gift from Jennifer of The Weekly Shoe
And you know, had to blow out a candle in some sherbet. No big deal.
Speaking of social media. It’s NOW time for the #YOLOmondays LINK-UP with my awesome co-host Carly from Lipgloss & Crayons! This is such a great way to get to know other bloggers!
The Rules for #YOLOMONDAYS Link-Ups:
- Grab a button and / or post a link back here in your BLOG POST (NOT your blog’s main page) so your readers know what all the #YOLOMONDAY-ness is about. We love you guys linking up and we do go through and read all your posts… so if you do not give credit, we will have to remove your link. That’s no fun, right? Right. So be nice and share a link! Pretty please?
- Link your blog post up using the linky tool below! It can be ANYTHING! An outfit post, a giveaway, a story, a recipe, whatever. Why? Cause it’s #YOLOMONDAYS!
- Visit a blog or four that you’ve never been to before and leave a #YOLOMONDAYS comment – you never know, you might “meet” someone new that you will lurve!
- Have fun! Cause #YOLO!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11